Saturday, July 25, 2009

How a half-crippled, pathetic middle aged guy got 19 loan mod leads in 1 hour while flat on his tush



I blew off my workshop last Wednesday, but it didn't matter. Let me explain.

First, the embarrassing reason I no-showed to a room of 35 plus people was because my friggin' back has been KILLING me this week. I herniated a disk in college (back in '88) doing something incredibly stupid - doing squats with the football team, trying to keep up. (I played basketball but had no business trying to hold my own against those animals.)

So once in a while the injury crops up - hasn't been this bad in years, though.

So I woke up Wednesday, hoping and praying that I'd feel better- i.e., be able to stand like a hominid instead of some kind of hunched creature from a bad sci-fi movie. No dice.

I texted my buddy Marlon who does a lot of processing for my loan mod bidness. I had taught him the workshop presentation a few weeks ago and by this time he had already given two live presentations. A real veteran.

Marlon stepped in at the last minute and came through like a hero - out of the 19 "units" who showed (families - some of which brought multiple guests) - 14 requested an appointment with him and a handful booked him right on the spot.

If I told you that I'd been harassing Marlon for months to do his first workshop it would do it justice - I'd tried all sorts of sensitive, motivational techniques like assaulting his manhood and calling him a "little girl" - politically correct, caring stuff like that.

But finally Marlon relented and embraced my system. He's a reluctant, but powerful, Loan Mod Warrior, gaining strength and confidence every day. Oh, and he's booking appointments with prospects like crazy.

So even though I was stuck at home, lying on my back, the show went on without me and we'll ring the cash register. My lead generation, presentation and post-workshop follow-up all happened without me. That's the pipe dream behind having a system that works even if you're home in the fetal position, sniffling and sucking your thumb like I was last week.

I'm going to beta test this system, The Loan Mod Warrior Battle Plan, next week. Keep your eyes out for an announcement.

2 comments:

  1. Andy, I'm waiting in anticipation. Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciate that - not to make an excuse, but I lost a couple of weeks that I had blocked off to get this thing done already...damn back! Give me a few more days....

    ReplyDelete